Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

Does this make me CRAZY?

Sometimes I wonder why the heck I get myself going on things like this. . . As if I am not busy enough with coaching, teaching, student council, family, etc. . . I decide that it would be interesting to start a blog!

I will work hard to keep things rolling but I have a feeling that I may have a few breakdowns along the way!

The 8th graders traveled to Hawley on Tuesday. They lost the game by four but once again they stayed very competitive. They are now 1 - 2 on the season with the two losses being by a combined 6 points.

I ordered up four "Fantastic 4" shirts for Taylor, Ashley, Kristen and Ashley. . . They came in on Tuesday and so I gave them the shirts as a "good luck" present for the game that night. . . They all decided to put them on and wear them that day, that was cool. One small problem developed over these shirts. . . another 8th grader came out as she heard the team needed players. . . Her name is Anna Brown, she seems to be a solid athlete but hasn't really played the game before. . . Anyway, I was feeling bad about her being left out and so I went back on line and was pumped to discover that they had the same shirt but with a #5 smack dab in the middle instead of a #4. The shirt is on its way.

I feel that these shirts are a great investment into the future of Pelican Rapids Basketball. Our goal is to get these young ladies to fall in love with the sport. The shirts are one way to show them that in our program we will treat you like you are someone special!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?