Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

I See a "Better" moon a risin'

The 8th grade girls played West Central tough last night. . . in fact they had the lead with less then a minute to go!!! Why am I excited about the loss? WCA hammered this group of girls last year.(20+ win) Plus, this group of eighth graders is now back to only 5 players! Kristin Haugen, Ashley Morgan, Ashley Waller, Taylor Larson and Emina Saljevic. What happen to the rest? I wish I had the answer. . . I really tried hard to convince some of the girls to stay with the sport with no luck. I've decided to be excited about who is out for hoops and devote my energy towards them. I like this group of 8th graders. They have a chance to be good. . . only time will tell but if they start getting excited about the possibilities they could be super players in the coming years.

Best Comment I Heard Today: A parent told me about how pumped his 8th grade daughter was about the game. The comment she made to him. . . She felt the reason why they were able to compete against the Knights this year was that she and a number of her teammates took advantage of the opportunity to play C-squad hoops last year. . . It is awesome when players start to realize the correlation between hard work and success!

We decided that we will have to rotate a couple 7th grade players up to play with the 8th grade this year. Last night it was Maria Johnson and Alyssa Thorson. They both did very well but I am sure they will be excited to play with their teammates who, by the way, scored 37 points to take home the win!!!!

What I liked about what I saw last night. . . we have girls in 7th & 8th grade who are aggressive, able to score and have a great deal of athletic ability!

Our Goal Now:
A) Get the girls to fall in love with hoops
B) Get the girls to understand the importance of working hard
C) Teach the girls the fundamentals of the game
D) Help the girls become eager to play hoops all of the time.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?