Monday, December 18, 2006

 

Hectic Times Call For Hectic Measures!

Last night I watched a little bit of Santa Claus 2 with Tim Allen. The one where he needs to find a "Mrs. Claus" and to do so he needed to make a copy of himself to oversee the action at the North Pole.

I've decided I need one of those duplicating machines to just clone another one of me during the basketball season. I know my wife would go crazy dealing with the two of us but man could I use someone to just do the "little things" and laugh at my jokes!

"Bruggs II" would have the following jobs:

1) Grade Papers and Record Scores – I know this is classroom stuff but I dislike that aspect of my job immensely so I thought that I might as well have “him” do this duty!

2) Record the stats for each game, enter them in the computer and send updated stats to the “Stat Guy” in Hawley.

3) Write the articles for the Pelican Press.

4) Run an occasional Saturday Morning Basketball session.

5) Call in scores after the game.

6) Go out and scout a game or two.

7) Take care of basketball clothing orders. . . Mag 7 shirts, sweatshirt orders, Sat. AM Basketball shirts, etc. . . And collect money from players!!!

8) Contact the other team for their roster and update the game program. Make the copies for each home game.

9) Get the traveling basketball teams organized and keep them informed about upcoming tournaments.

10) Do all the organizing for the Valhalla 5 on 5 and Shada 3 on 3 tournaments.

Okay. . . I just wasted 20 minutes of my day writing this blog entry. . . I am my own worst enemy!

What I wanted to tell you all is that the team did well last week. Started with a win at Fergus Falls Hillcrest on Monday followed by a big conference win against Breckenridge on Tuesday night! On Friday we traveled to Hawley. The results. . . not so good. . . But I am happy with the over-all results on the week and totally happy with the continued improvement of this squad.

One day I will jot down my feelings when I see the numbers and talent that Hawley has from grade 12 to what seems like Kindergarten. . . But right now, I'm out of time!





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?