Friday, February 09, 2007

 

Off Season Improvement


I’m going to encourage all of our players grades 6 through 11 to attend the camp at Northern State University in Aberdeen, South Dakota.

It is directed by Don Meyer who is one of the elite basketball minds in the United States. Over the past year we have started to implement many of the drills and skill development strategies that are done at Northern State so it would be a great boost to what we are trying to build with-in our program.

A number of players from the boys team attended a Northern State “mini – camp” that was held in Staples last summer and I got the chance to watch their workouts as my son Casey attended. We were all very impressed.

Brad Strand brought his daughters down to this camp and he plans to bring them back again this year. . . He noted that they work the kids hard and there is a ton of learning happening in the four days that they are there.

The camp session I am recommending:

SKILL DEVELOPMENT & COMPETITION CAMP
Girls' - June 10-13
$265 Full Payment (Boarding)

I added the web site for the forms to register for the camp in my contact list in the left border area. Hopefully there will be a number of players that will go down to this camp so that we can organize transportation for all. I would also be willing to drive a group down.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?